Thank you for visiting and welcome to Rat Race Running!
About the Author
The author of the Rat Race Running Blog is an electronics engineer by profession and a teacher by vocation.
He used to work in a Fortune 500 company in the Philippines and It didn’t take long before realizing that life in a corporate set up is like running a race he can’t win.
The Rat Race. It is the never-ending and life-sucking cycle of paychecks and expenses, and often the competitive struggle to climb the proverbial corporate ladder.
He finally escaped the corporate rat race in 2019 to pursue a different calling in the academic field. He envisions that the actions he takes will serve as a stepping stone toward obtaining more freedom in the future.
This blog is a journal and a reminder that there is more to life than work.
He is a frustrated marathoner, mountain climber, bookworm, blogger, and personal finance advocate.
He sees himself as an ambivert and a multipotentialite but, most importantly, a sinner saved by grace through faith in Jesus Christ.
Rat Race Running Articles:
Here are the articles that best describe the frustrations and challenges that I experienced during this important season of my adult life.
- Running the Rat Race
- The Life-Changing Journey Through Quarter-Life Crisis
- Taking Stress Into Perspective
- Why are we in such a hurry?
- You Might Just Be A Multipotentialite
- Where Do You See Yourself In Five Years
- Did I Run From One Rat Race to Another?
Another recurring theme in this blog is my advocacy for personal finance. You may read these articles for a start.
- Basic Budgeting for Single Young Professionals
- The Hierarchy of a Strong Financial Foundation
- An Absolute Beginner’s Guide to the Stock Market
- That Thing Called: Emergency Fund
- 11 Lessons I Learned From My First Three Years of Investing
- Don’t Get Trapped in Lifestyle Inflation
- Never Invest in something you don’t understand
Lastly, I write about my take on “adulting” and personal development.