Thank you for visiting, and welcome to Rat Race Running!
I am Kristoffer Jan Notario, the author of the Rat Race Running Blog.
I am an electronics engineer by profession, a teacher by vocation, and a writer by mission.
I used to work in a Fortune Global 500 company in the Philippines, but it didn’t take long before I realized that life in a corporate setup is like running a race I can’t win — a rat race.
The Rat Race.
The rat race is the never-ending and life-sucking cycle of paychecks and expenses and often the competitive struggle to climb the proverbial corporate ladder.
I finally escaped the corporate rat race in 2019 to pursue a different calling in the academic field. I envision that my actions today will serve as a stepping stone toward obtaining more freedom in the future.
In 2022, after pursuing a career in the academe, I realized that I was again getting sucked into the rat race, this time, the government rat race — so I decided to leave.
I am now a freelance writer, busy finding ways to reach out to more people towards intentional living.
I started this blog in 2017 as an online journal, an open message, and a reminder that there is more to life than work.
I stopped writing for two years before picking up where I left off in 2020 and has been consistent since.
I am a frustrated marathoner, an avid basketball fan, an enthusiastic book lover, a full-time freelance writer and blogger, a professional learner, and a personal finance advocate.
I see myself as an ambivert and a multipotentialite but, most importantly, a sinner saved by grace through faith in Jesus Christ.
Here are the articles that best describe the frustrations and challenges that I experienced during the important season of my adult life, which forced me to change and grow to be better.
- Running the Rat Race
- 10 Signs That You’re Going Through Quarter-Life Crisis
- The Life-Changing Journey Through Quarter-Life Crisis
- Where Do You See Yourself In Five Years
- Did I Run From One Rat Race to Another?
- Life Is A Constant Tug-Of-War
- Your Degree (Or Lack of It) Should Not Dictate Your Future
Another recurring theme in this blog is my advocacy for personal finance. I believe people should know how to control their money, not the other way round. You may read these articles for a start.
- Basic Budgeting for Single Young Professionals
- The Hierarchy of a Strong Financial Foundation
- An Absolute Beginner’s Guide to the Stock Market
- What is an emergency fund and why everyone needs one?
- 11 Lessons I Learned From My First Three Years of Investing
- Don’t Get Trapped in Lifestyle Inflation
- Never Invest in something you don’t understand
- 13 Categories In My Monthly Budget
Lastly, I write about my take on “adulting” and personal development.
- 12 Adulting Skills We Need To Learn
- Another 12 Adulting Skills We Need To Learn
- We All Need Mentors, Luckily I Have Five
- The Wonderful Relationship of Shared Stress in the Workplace
- It’s Okay To be The Dumbest Person In The Room
- Turning 30: 30 Lessons from 30 Years
Please follow Rat Race Running on Facebook.
Get the latest posts from Rat Race Running straight to your inbox!